Systemofadown .be .fr .eu
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Communauté francophone des fans de System Of A Down : France, Belgique, Suisse, Luxembourg, Canada, etc

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Google Pixel 7 5G – Smartphone 6,3″ OLED FHD+ 8 Go + 128 Go
316 €
Voir le deal

[news] Article Billboard

3 participants
AuteurMessage
system35
Frankie Avalon
system35

[news] Article Billboard Empty
MessageSujet: [news] Article Billboard   [news] Article Billboard EmptySam 3 Mai - 8:45

Un nouvel article sur billboard.com a propos de SOB
L'album est donc en cours de finitions, il est fort possible qu'une autre chanson soit écoutable avant la sortie de l'album (d'apres Daron)
Peut etre bien que le lineup du groupe n'est pas encore définitif d'apres ce qu'on peut lire.

Citation :
System Of A Down guitarist/vocalist Daron Malakian and drummer John Dolmayan are putting the finishing touches on the debut album from their new rock band Scars On Broadway, the pair tells Billboard.com.

The artists are currently shopping for a record label, and hope to release the self-titled set by late summer. "We're in the final stages," Dolmayan reports. "There are three or four songs left."

Scars On Broadway performed last week at this year's Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival at Empire Polo Field in Indio, Calif. The band already received a warm welcome earlier last month during its debut performance at the Whisky A Go-Go in Los Angeles.

"It was crazy," Malakian recalls. "Nobody knew any of the songs, but the crowd was going off. The response we got gave me a lot of confidence."

So far, only one Scars On Broadway song, the hard-edged "They Say," has been released online. With about 20 songs already recorded, many of which won't make the final album cut, another track could be posted online before the album drops, according to Malakian.

The concept for Scars On Broadway has been in the works since SOAD's chart-topping 2005 releases "Mezmerize" and "Hypnotize," says Malakian, who wrote 95% of SOAD's material.

As opposed to SOAD, Scars On Broadway is "driven more by rock than it is by metal, even though there might be some metal overtones there," the guitarist/vocalist explains. "I see it more as a rock band."

While drawing influence from early punk bands, along with heroes like David Bowie and the Beatles, Malakian made a conscious attempt to maintain his songwriting style without delving too much into the SOAD back catalog.

"I was trying to keep my identity but not copy past work," he says. "I'm proud of everything that I've done with System, but right now I'm focusing on moving forward with Scars."

Although famed producer Rick Rubin -- who has previously worked with SOAD -- offered a few suggestions during rehearsals sessions, Malakian is the new album's chief producer. The band is rounded out by a keyboardist, rhythm guitarist and a bass player, but Dolmayan declined to identify them until the lineup is completely solidified.

On the touring front, Scars On Broadway will appear at Tucson, Ariz.’s KFMA Day, to be held May 16 at Pima County Fairgrounds. Future road plans haven't yet been solidified, but "we're going to play live quite a bit," Malakian says, noting that he's not opposed to supporting a larger act.

"John and I have no ego in this situation," he explains. "It's not like we think we deserve something because of our old band. Everything we have done so far is out of our own pockets -- we've paid for the record."

While SOAD remains on indefinite hiatus, Malakian wants to assure fans that Scars on Broadway is "not a side or solo project. This is System to me right now. This is what I'm focused on."

But that doesn't mean SOAD won't ever revisit the stage, or possibly the recording studio. "We don't have any future plans, and we don't have any plans not to have plans," Dolmayan says. "System of a Down is always going to be present in our hearts, and one day we'll be on stage together again."

Voila l'interview assez interessante !
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
FreeThinker
Deer Dancer
FreeThinker

MessageSujet: Re: [news] Article Billboard   [news] Article Billboard EmptySam 3 Mai - 16:39

J'ai vraiment l'impression d'avoir déjà lu cet interview, il n'a pas déjà été posté???
Anis
DDEVIL
Anis

MessageSujet: Re: [news] Article Billboard   [news] Article Billboard EmptySam 3 Mai - 17:21

Si on a une trad ? :d

SVP Smile
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: [news] Article Billboard   [news] Article Billboard Empty

[news] Article Billboard
Page 1 sur 1