Systemofadown .be .fr .eu
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Communauté francophone des fans de System Of A Down : France, Belgique, Suisse, Luxembourg, Canada, etc

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
TCL C74 Series 55C743 – TV 55” 4K QLED 144 Hz Google TV (Via ODR ...
499 €
Voir le deal

[Nouvelle Zelande] Serj n'abandonne pas...

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Neku
Sweet Dany
Neku

Masculin Nombre de messages : 670

[Nouvelle Zelande] Serj n'abandonne pas... Empty
MessageSujet: [Nouvelle Zelande] Serj n'abandonne pas...   [Nouvelle Zelande] Serj n'abandonne pas... EmptyJeu 14 Juil - 15:28

SYSTEM OF A DOWN Singer To Fight On Over New Zealand Property

Louisa Cleave of The New Zealand Herald has issued the following report:

An American singer has not given up finding a home in New Zealand after officials turned down his application to buy a west coast beach property.

Serj Tankian from the band SYSTEM OF A DOWN told the Herald he was "pretty disappointed" the Overseas Investment Commission rejected his proposal to buy a mainly bush-covered 13.69ha site in Bethells Beach.

"I have learned an important lesson. I cannot place myself in any situation where someone else's decisions will affect my home," he said.

Tankian wanted to build an acoustic recording studio in an existing home on the Kokako Rd property. He proposed to identify local talent to record song demos and seek record deals for them in America.

Tankian said the commission wanted annual reports on his activities in New Zealand.

"I was cool with the first three years, but they wanted to be able to renew their ability to get reports from me and decide if I was compliant with the application.

"I couldn't agree to a governmental body checking up on me yearly and applying scientific methods to finding good music, making records, and distributing them internationally, just so I can be able to live in that house."

Tankian, who played at the Big Day Out this year, said he had fallen in love with the spirit of New Zealand, "political neutrality, cultural awareness, and environmental respect among [the attractions]".

SYSTEM OF A DOWN has been on a world tour and promoting a new critically acclaimed album, "Mezmerize", which entered charts around the world at No 1 in May.

"I would like to spend some time there after my touring cycle and find another place, one that won't need OIC approval, hopefully," said Tankian.

He commended New Zealand officials for protecting the country's land and resources.

Neil Finn, who provided a character reference to the commission, said it seemed incredible the application was rejected.

"Having talked with Serj myself it's obvious that he had the best intentions for the preservation of the land in its natural state.

"His band sells millions of records and he is a principled and charming man."

En gros Serj explique que le problème pour son achat est que le gouvernement voulait controler tous les ans sa manière de choisir les groupes qu'il aiderait, et donc qu'il essaye de trouver une propriété ou il n'aurait pas besoin de l'approbation de celui-ci(pas bien sur d'avoir tout compris).

Sinon il dit que la Nouvelle Zelande c'est super cool , et Neil Finn(pas bien compris qui c'est Very Happy) explique qu'il est surpris du refus de la commission car Serj est un type bien qui respecterait l'environnement :p

Enfin franchement il réagit carrément bien( "j'en ai tiré une leçon...")

interview trouvée sur www.soadfans.de
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
FreeThinker
Deer Dancer
FreeThinker

[Nouvelle Zelande] Serj n'abandonne pas... Empty
MessageSujet: Re: [Nouvelle Zelande] Serj n'abandonne pas...   [Nouvelle Zelande] Serj n'abandonne pas... EmptyJeu 14 Juil - 21:58

Je devrais lui dire que le Canada est aussi un pays politiquement neutre et que le Québec est une très jolie place! Et surtout ça lui fera pas très loin de voyager aux USA. À part ça, je trouve ca vraiment étrange que le gouvernement surveille comme cela, ils ont peut-être peur d'avoir trop de musique bizarre dans leur pays connaissant Serj...
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

[Nouvelle Zelande] Serj n'abandonne pas...
Page 1 sur 1